Florida Water StarSM
About Florida Water Star
Florida Water Star is a water conservation certification program for new and existing homes and commercial developments. Standards and guidelines for water efficiency are included for:
- Indoor fixtures and appliances
- Landscape design
- Irrigation systems
To apply to have your new construction project or existing home certified, here are some tips!
- We recommend ensuring your landscape and irrigation contractors are Florida Water Star Accredited Professionals
- Hire a Florida Water Star independent inspector to document and attest to all criteria being met for certification
- The final step is certification through the Certified Ratings Program, which your inspector will coordinate with you
Florida Water Star can be effectively integrated into other certification programs including:
- ENERGY STAR®
- Florida Green Building Coalition’s Certification (FGBC)
- S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) LEED Program.
The Florida Water Star approach can enhance projects by providing a suite of efficiency practices that focus on ways to reduce water use designed for a Florida lifestyle.
gallons indoors annually
gallons outdoors annually
What is Florida Water Star?
Overview for Builders
Florida Water Star webinar