Florida Water StarSM
About Florida Water Star
Florida Water Star is a water conservation certification program for new and existing homes and commercial developments. Standards and guidelines for water efficiency are included for:
- Indoor fixtures and appliances
- Landscape design
- Irrigation systems
To apply to have your new construction project or existing home certified, here are some tips!
- We recommend ensuring your landscape and irrigation contractors are Florida Water Star Accredited Professionals
- Hire a Florida Water Star independent inspector to document and attest to all criteria being met for certification
- The final step is certification through the Certified Ratings Program, which your inspector will coordinate with you
Florida Water Star can be effectively integrated into other certification programs including:
- ENERGY STAR®
- Florida Green Building Coalition’s Certification (FGBC)
- S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) LEED Program.
The Florida Water Star approach can enhance projects by providing a suite of efficiency practices that focus on ways to reduce water use designed for a Florida lifestyle.
Florida Water Star homes save up to6000
gallons indoors annually
Florida Water Star homes save up to48000
gallons outdoors annually
What is Florida Water Star?
Overview for Builders
Florida Water Star webinar