Toho Water Authority requires that all homes in new subdivisions be built to Florida Water Star (FWS) standards.
For builders to obtain Certificates of Occupancy, the following municipalities require FWS certification (and qualify for FWS rebates) or the submission of FWS affidavits (do not qualify for rebates):
- Eagle Lake
- Haines City
- Lake Alfred
- Lake Hamilton
- Polk City
- Tampa Bay Water Wise program offers builders a $1,000 Florida Water Star rebate.
- Polk County offers builders a $1,000 Florida Water Star rebate.
- OUC (Orlando Utility Commission) offers a $300 rebate for homes built and certified by Florida Water Star and $100 per unit for multifamily homes.
- K Rain offers a 5% discount for irrigation products and smart irrigation controllers to Florida Water Star certified homes.”
- Hydraloop is the developer of decentralized water recycling systems that empower homes and business to save thousands of gallons of freshwater annually. Hydraloop offers 5% discount to Florida Water Star certified homes.
- The City of Palm Coast offers a 20 percent reduction in utility impact fees for Florida Water Star-certified projects.