Incentives and mandates
- East Central Florida Regional Planning Council and North East Florida Regional Planning Council recommend that homes built in Developments of Regional Impact (DRIs) be built to Florida Water StarSM standards.
- The city of DeLand offers a rebate of $50 for homes and $100 for commercial buildings on the building permit fee for structures built and certified as Florida Water StarSM. In addition to the rebate, there is a 15 percent credit on impact fees for homes certified Florida Water StarSM.
- Toho Water Authority requires that all homes in new subdivisions be built to Florida Water StarSM standards and the builder will in turn receive a 20 percent rebate on the utility connection fee.
- OUC (Orlando Utility Commission) offers a $300 rebate for homes built and certified by Florida Water StarSM and $100 per unit for multi-family homes.
- Alterna Corp. offers a 5 percent rebate on all Caroma brand toilets to builders of Florida Water StarSM homes. The homes must be certified Florida Water StarSM in order to receive the rebate. Toilets need not be purchased from Alterna in order to be eligible for the rebate. They may be purchased from your local plumbing wholesaler or showroom.
- SMT, Inc. offers a 5 percent rebate on its Autofaucet and Autoflusher products to builders of Florida Water StarSM buildings. The buildings must be certified Florida Water StarSM to receive the rebate.
- ACCLIMA, Inc. offers a 5 percent rebate on its soil moisture sensor irrigation products to builders of Florida Water StarSM buildings. The buildings must be certified Florida Water StarSM to receive the rebate.
- The city of Palm Coast offers a 20 percent reduction in utility impact fees for Florida Water StarSM-certified projects.